About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Thursday, November 1, 2007

The doughnut and the feather-duster

I just realized that I haven’t yet shown off my dogs’ most magnificent features: their tails. So here they are.

Lalee’s tail is so completely curled that she can’t wag it independently. She has to shake her whole rear end when she’s happy, which is quite often. She can straighten her tail out if she wants to but she rarely does so. Lalee was the main model for the Welfare of Stray Dogs website (I’ve been accused of nepotism for this). Anyway, you can see many more images of her on http://www.wsdindia.org/index.htm, complete with doughnut.



Bandra’s
lineage is much more mixed than I like, but I don’t want to get too fascist about this so I’ve enrolled him in the Club, although I have absolutely NO idea who his parents were. He must have got at least a little pariah dog blood, though you can’t tell from his feathery tail. He could have helped with the dusting but he really can’t spare the time, what with eating and sleeping and guarding the house and posing for photographs.



Rajashree Khalap

No comments: