About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Friday, June 4, 2010

Puffy: Portrait with tag!



Puffy poses in her Club tag, staring into the middle distance in a regal manner. I hope she likes it, but not too much. Some of our junior members loved their tags so much they chewed them to bits and ate them, but Puffy doesn't look as if she'd do something like that!

Click here for an earlier Puffy post.

Photo: Lakshmi Ravishankar
Pune

6 comments:

Lakshmi said...

Thank you Rajashree for posting Puffy's picture with her tag..the tag is quite safe, for time has mellowed her somewhat...but let it not be forgotten that in her heyday she has survived chewing up all sorts of non-kosher stuff such as TV remote, newspaper, rags, you name it!

Rajashree Khalap said...

TV remote! I guess it came out eventually :-) I just remembered I have to send another tag for the puppy Hubble, he's one of the pups who chewed his tag :-) I have plenty btw so if you ever need a replacement let me know.

Lakshmi said...

Thank you, Dear Rajashree..that wouldn't be necessary..save those tags for youngsters like Hubble :)

Rajashree Khalap said...

My Bandra chews collar tags btw, though he must be around 8 years old. He can't bear anything hanging on his neck! Lalee wears a silver coin on a ribbon, so I thought Bandra should have something nice to wear too. Someone had gifted me a lovely Tibetan silver pendant with a prayer written on it and I hung that round his neck. After a few hours I saw Bandra in his normal undressed condition (which is what he likes best) and on the ground nearby was something that looked like a crushed Coke bottle cap after several buses have run over it. A friend suggested that I should just give him a crushed Coke bottle cap to wear next time. Of course I've never put a Club tag on him, it wouldn't last two minutes!

Lakshmi said...

LOL..Bandra is one of those rare exceptions, I guess!Reminds me of Ajoba, who too had a mind of his own and wouldn't toe the line :)

Rajashree Khalap said...

Bandra is a bit of a goof actually! He is easy to manage because he loves habits and rules, fixed timings and places. Seems to have retriever blood from his appearance.

Btw, Puffy reminds me so much of our Lucy - check this link http://indianpariahdog.blogspot.com/search?q=Lucy%2C+Lalee%27s+partner+in+crime
We lost Lucy last year, she was about 12 I think.