About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Saturday, March 16, 2013

INDogs of Jharkhand: Niky and Robin

These stunning INDogs are from Jharkhand. They belong to Prince Kumar and his family. Niky is the adult light brown female and the red-brown pup is Robin.

























Their story, from Prince:

I adopted Niky from the roadside when she was a puppy. She was being hit by some ill-mannered children. My little sister asked me to save her, so I brought her to my home. 


Niky as a puppy
























She is now one and a half years old. 















































She is a very cute and playful dog, but very aggressive against strangers. 

The only thing she lacks is that she is not socialized to dogs. She hates other dogs. For this reason I decided to bring home a puppy to give her a friend. 
































I adopted little Robin from a Santhal person's home. For a week I kept them separately as Niky was quite aggressive towards Robin. But now they are friends. 
























In fact their friendship bond is so strong that if one is given a bath the other cries to request me not to give a bath. 

They are both trained with all the basic commands. Robin is about 2 months old. 


Another of gorgeous Niky






















Photos and story: Prince Kumar
Ranchi,
Jharkhand

 Please do not use images/content from this site without permission and acknowledgment

No comments: