About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Brownie

Isn't Brownie adorable? He's a lovely, cuddly little INDog-mix living with Prapti Sarmalkar and her family. 
I love those expressive Indy eyes!

Read his story sent in by Prapti:
























This is Brownie, a seven-month old pup who came into my life this January. Rani, my old female dog had recently passed away due to old age. 

This little pup crossed the road with my friend, who was completely unaware that he was following her. After a while she realized that this small puppy was following her and trying to keep up with her long strides. He seemed just two months old. She picked him up and took him straight home.

She already had a big dog and was trying to figure out how to find a better home for him, since she could not leave the little one back on the streets. She told me about him, and I asked her to get him to me as soon as possible!
















































So he came to me all of a sudden one fine day, and gave me a shock as he looked exactly the same as my old dog! 

He is tough, strong, very smart, and understands everything.

MY DOG IS NOT A PET. HE IS MY FAMILY!

I'm so happy to have him!


























































































































And this is a picture of Rani!














































Text and photos: Prapti Sarmalkar
Mumbai

Please do not use images or content from this site without permission and acknowledgement


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there! How does one go about adopting a Pariah Dog?