About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Monday, August 3, 2015

Eight years of this blog - thank you!!

Yes, my first post on this blog was on 3 August 2007! A big day for me, if for no-one else.

My aim was to create a virtual showcase of INDogs and dogs of INDog ancestry. To spread knowledge about aboriginal dogs out of the academic circles to which it was restricted, to a wider, general audience. And to make owners proud of their pet INDogs and INDog-mixes.

I had no idea how to create a blog, and Gunjan Arya kindly helped me set it up (thanks Gunjan)! 

Today we have 421 posts about adopted INDogs and INDog-mixes, or Indies as I like to call the latter. Thanks entirely to all the wonderful people who sent in photos and stories over the years.

To celebrate, I put together this photo gallery of all the gorgeous dogs I featured in the first few months of this blog. Sadly some have passed on, but many are with us and continue to be brilliant ambassadors for INDogs and Indies! 

Each of them is very special to me.

My deepest gratitude to their humans, who took the trouble to share their stories with us all.

Enjoy the visual treat coming up, and don't forget to read our INDog website too!











 



































































Please do not use images or content from this site without permission and acknowledgment

4 comments:

Afsha Khan Jayapal said...

Love the blog! Is there any way to sign up to get the posts via email? Was looking for the widget but couldn't find it :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for all your dedication and hard work. So much fun to see all their wonderful faces!

Kiran Khalap said...

Such a collection of handsome dogs! Great work, RK!

Kaniyan said...

Really really love this blog. ..I have tow indogs. .will send some pics soon