About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Deepa, 2015

Deepa is back on the blog! After a few years!



















She's always been one of my favourite Indies, because she looks so like my Lalee.

She's been living in Switzerland since 2009, with Nicole Poyyayil's parents on their farm. If you're new to this blog, you can follow her story through the links in this post.

I met this beautiful dog in 2008 before she was taken to Switzerland. I visited Nicole's home in Navi Mumbai with my Lalee and Bandra. Deepa was the perfect hostess and seemed happy to have doggy guests over! Lalee was nervous and stayed in a corner, but we got a nice picture of Bandra and Deepa.






















Last year Nicole shifted to Switzerland, and before her own dogs arrived from India, she had Deepa staying at her house for a week.

'It was when my parents went for a holiday,' she writes. 'It was very nice having Deepa with me but she was very excited when my papa came to pick her up. I realized that she loves me very much, but her home is with my parents. Even at night she went many times to the fence, maybe waiting for my papa to come.'

Here are her pictures. She's put on a little weight since her younger days, but she's still as lovely as ever!







































































































































Photos: Nicole Poyyayil
Switzerland

Please do not use images or content from this site without permission and acknowledgment


No comments: