About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Ester



Look at this beautiful INDog! So elegant, and I love tricolours!

She was born in Chaudi in South Goa, very near Palolem. She was adopted as a pup by Hillevi Sjödén and lives with her in Norway.

'Ester was found abandoned as a puppy in Chaudi,' writes Hillevi. 'When we found her she was only about three or four weeks old according to the vet.'

She was a very brave and curious puppy!


'I took care of her during my four-month long stay, found a family to take care of her for a couple of months while I had to return to Norway to earn money, so I could go back and take her home with me.

She has now been here in Norway for almost two years, and she is the sweetest, funniest dog ever!

Adopting her was the best decision I've ever made. She brings so much joy into my life.'



People often tell me she is so beautiful, and ask what kind of breed she is... I started to google around about Indian breeds and found pariah dogs, which I think looked a lot like my Ester! Not that the breed is that important to me, but it's always fun to know a little bit more about your dog!

Here are some pictures of her!'





Chuck the cat is an excellent sleeping buddy!



Here's the whole pack sniffing in the neighbourhood!



Photos and text: Hillevi Sjödén
Norway

Please do not use images or content from this site without permission and acknowledgment


1 comment: