About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Monday, August 20, 2007

Beautiful pariah dogs for adoption: Chandni

I made these little movies to show you our dogs Chandni and Brandy, who are up for adoption. There are two other two dogs as well, but since they are a labrador and a spitz-mix I'm not posting those movies here. Please spare a minute to view them on Youtube. In www.youtube.com just enter mumbaidogs or rajashreekhalap in the Search box.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Last year I picked up a 6 week old pariah puppy in the street in Pune - she was on a very busy road and about to get run over. No-one in the slum nearby wanted her so I kept her and 5 weeks later she travelled back with me in the cabin of a Lufthansa flight to New York City and is now living with my husband, myself and our old cat Apollo. She is such a wonderful being and I would love to adopt another in India next time I go. I cannot speak more highly of this breed. I grew up with lots of pets in South Africa, lots of dogs too, but she is certainly very very special. I hope to post some photos of her.
Namaste
Yvonne de Kock
New York, NY