About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Rocky



This handsome INDog-mix is the latest member of the Indian Pariah Dog Club. Rocky is eight and a half years old and lives in Navi Mumbai. Believe it or not, his first owner abandoned him. My guess is she's a lunatic, but I may be wrong. I can't think of any other reason for abandoning a pet though. Luckily Amita Sawardekar took him into her home, and that's where he's been living ever since.

(Thank god there are so many kind people out there to offset all the inferior ones. I know I'm rather harsh on people who abandon pets...but I really think it's as sick an act as abandoning a child. If one really can't keep one's pet for some valid reason, there is always the civilized option of looking for a new home with the help of NGOs and other dog-lovers. What kind of human discards a living creature like an unwanted piece of junk?)

Navi Mumbai

No comments: