About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sherry's birthday party







Meet Sherry, one of the first dogs I enrolled in the Club (back in 2002). I've known this beautiful INDog-mix since her early youth and in fact once used her as a model in an ad for WSD.

Sherry regularly hangs out at the Bagel Shop with her owners
Bijou Lulla and Payal Bhatia. As far as I know this is the only restaurant in Mumbai which admits dogs, so all you Mumbai dog-owners should head there as often as possible. Payal and Bijou celebrated Sherry's tenth birthday there on June 17 and Lalee and I were invited. (Bandra was invited too, but I wasn't very sure how he would behave so decided to leave him at home).

The photo on top is of Sherry at her party, decked in stunning carnivalesque designer neckwear. All the guests were on their best behaviour (including Lalee!) and I wish get-togethers like this could be organized more often...After the alarmed looks and squawks with which dogs are so often greeted in Mumbai, it was really relaxing to sit with Lalee in a place full of dog-lovers and their peaceful well-behaved pets, even if for a little while.

Mumbai

No comments: