About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Wolfi















He was abandoned by his mother on the streets of Delhi and caught my brother's eye while he was roaming around the hostel my brother lived in. My brother fed him for a few days and then decided to take him in.

Everyone in the hostel loved Wolfi and would play with him. But after about ten months the pup had grown quite a bit and the hostel authorities told my brother to put him back on the streets.

Of course my brother loved Wolfi too much to do that. Also since he lived in a hostel he had bought the pup non-vegetarian food like chicken from a hotel nearby. Because of this Wolfi would not eat anything else, not even bread or rice.

My brother then called up my mom and told her the situation...and within two days Wolfi was at our Mumbai home!! Over here we had some problems as he would not eat anything but eventually he learnt to drink milk and eat some rice along with meat.

Now after three years Wolfi has become very friendly with us, has learnt to eat different things and lives on happily!!!!

Tejas Redkar
Thane, Maharashtra

3 comments:

doggylove said...

Hi tejas! wolfi is so cute! all my pet indogs are short haired, i love the smooth feel of hairy dogs like wolfi!keep posted,regards, manik

Rajashree Khalap said...

I think Wolfi is mixed with a collie, retriever or setter - his coat is a bit like my Bandra's. Bandra looks like a retriever-INDog mix.

doggylove said...

yes! your bandra looks similar to wolfi, but i think wolfi is taller than banrs, from the photos, my guess.