About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rishi and Kimaya





Rishi and Kimaya are two beautiful INDog-mix puppies adopted from outside the Mumbai international airport last month. Rishi was taken to New York by Yvonne de Kock (owner of Leela). His sister Kimaya was adopted by my husband and me and now lives in our seaside house in Nagaon. The pictures here were taken soon after their adoption, in my Mumbai apartment.

The mother of the pups is a young reddish-brown bitch and one of the rare Mumbai dogs with a pure pariah-type appearance (with erect pointed ears). However there's no telling who their father was and both pups look mixed.

More pictures soon!

No comments: