About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Sunday, August 2, 2009

On Talking Terms with Dogs, continued

Last month I wrote about the training book On Talking Terms with Dogs: Calming Signals, by Norwegian dog behaviourist Turid Rugaas. The book gives fascinating insights into dog communication and simple solutions for some common behaviour problems. Click here for the post.

Turid Rugaas also has a website in which she explains her theory about the conflict-resolving signals used by dogs. Apart from articles and illustrations, there is a very useful question-and-answer section. I think most of us dog-owners will have experienced at least one of the problems covered. I want to thank Veera Antsalo for sending me the link. Click here for the site.


No comments: