About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Nayyar dogs





My friend Lakshmi Nayyar has succumbed to my nagging and sent me new photos of her lovely Sandy and Rani. Earlier photos here.

Two years after that first post, Sandy's favourite place is still the armchair beside the piano, and Rani is still, er, rotund. Sandy is an active boy, always ready to go for a walk. He likes attention but doesn't like being fussed over, unlike Rani.

Rani is the empress, pampered by the family, and very fond of her food and bed! Hmmm, sounds like someone in my own family (hint: look up a recent post titled "Couch Potato"). She loves to sit with the building security guards and watch the world go by. Loves meeting new people, and most of all she loves bullying Sandy. But he is a calm, zen doggy and doesn't take her seriously. Once he's on his chair, he knows he's out of her reach because she can't jump up!

Photos: Lakshmi Nayyar
Mumbai

1 comment:

Lakshmi said...

I am glad to hear the happy stories of Sandy and Rani. Wish more people would open their hearts and homes to the strays. I have one..Puffy is 5 plus and neutered.