About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hubble

Another pretty new baby member, this time in Gurgaon. Malvika Gupta wrote in about Hubble and how he joined their family:











Hubble was saved by my colleagues at National Brain Research Center from being hit by a truck at NH-8. One of them, Sulagna, took it upon herself to find a home for the puppy. Hubble stayed at another friend's home for a night.

The next day when she took me to see the puppy, I was smitten at first sight and just had to take him home. I managed to smuggle Hubble home in the office bus in the evening by hiding him in a box and was rather relieved that he was quiet during the journey.

I was a little sceptical about my husband's reaction but he was putty on seeing the chubby puppy. So now we happen to be a happy family of three!


Hubble is our little sunshine, absolutely adorable and so beautiful. His first forty days were rough on the streets but he is a very hardy pup and has adapted well at our place. He loves to play with his chew toys and looks forward to his play dates with the Labrador retriever dogs upstairs. He is very intelligent and responds to commands like "no" and "stay" very well.

Text: Malvika Gupta
Photos: Malvika Gupta, Aakash Goel
Gurgaon

No comments: