About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Lake of Swans











Deepa (Poyyayil) needs no introduction in this blog. This exceptionally handsome INDog has been living in Switzerland for a year and a half now, with Nicole's parents. She is a gentle sociable creature and has friends from across the animal kingdom (excepting mice, which she prefers to hunt). Here she is looking at a species that she wouldn't have met in India: the Mute Swan, a bird of ethereal beauty that has inspired ballet choreographers and dancers among other artistic souls. (I admire them hugely myself and am just a wee bit envious of Europeans for having them).

We have lots of earlier posts about Deepa here. Follow her life and journey through these links:
Her baby pics,Town dog, country dog, Deepa and friends,
Deepa, Bandra and Lalee, Deepa in christmas card country, Deepa and assorted friends,
The Indi and the cat, Part 3, Aggression, Deepa and the baby, Excavations, Sticks.

I have a special place in my heart for Deepa, not just because I've had a couple of nice meetings with her but also because of her close resemblance to Lalee. When Nicole sent me these photos I drew my husband's attention to them, a difficult task as he was glued to his laptop at the time. When he finally looked at my screen he said "What's Lalee doing there?!!"

I think apart from her build and general colouring, it's something in her expression that makes her very similar to my Red Queen. Dignity? Something like that.


Photos: Nicole Poyyayil
Doerflingen,
Switzerland

3 comments:

doggylove said...

hi!! has deepa grown into a fat lady?!!wonderful pics!!

Rajashree Khalap said...

And her lookalike Lalee has lost some weight :-)

Lisa said...

I also thought it was Lalee at first