About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Minnie-Me needs a home!







An appeal from Namitta Shankar:

This is Minnie-Me from Mumbai. She was found on the road in terrible shape, flea-infested, a burn wound on her back (apparently some school kids tried burning the mother and pups to have some "fun"). She was too weak to even open her eyes and absolutely not in a position to stand. Her siblings got crushed under a car and she was the only survivor.


I took her in and have nursed her back to health. She's been with me for almost a month and a half and she has shown very good progress.

Minnie-Me has a lovely temperament and is extremely loving and patient. She sleeps well at night without disturbing anyone. She has been dewormed and has been completely vaccinated (anti-rabies and 9-in-1). She is really playful and naughty and loves cuddling up and sleeping at night. If no-one is around she cuddles up against my dog and sleeps next to him, or even the pillow suits her fine. She is tiny in size but extremely brave and loves to bark with her tiny voice, whenever she wants to protest.

I will be leaving Mumbai soon and don't have anyone who can take care of her after that. Please help me find a good home for her. I don't want to send her to a shelter on on to the streets. She is an excellent dog and would make a delightful addition to any family.

Interested people can call me on +919820830463
.

Namitta Shankar
Mumbai

No comments: