About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pinglu needs a new home - Kolkata









First we heard horror stories of dogs being abused in Ahmedabad. Now here's a similar sad story from Kolkata. Please help sweet Pinglu by circulating this appeal.

From Samir K Biswas:

Some three months back, somebody left a 25 day old female pup in front of our apartment complex. She was in a distressed condition, so being dog lovers, my wife Papia and I simply couldn't neglect her and came forward to save her life.

We have nourished her to the best of our capacity and tried to accommodate her in the 10,000 square ft garage space of the complex. She was growing up well there for one month. But a lot of politics started in our society because of this and the situation soon worsened. In my absence some people threw her into a drain and started torturing her with a big stick and in other cruel ways. One Sunday she was forced to stay out for a full day and I couldn't find her. I thought she had been left far away somewhere, or even killed.

Late at night when Papia and I came back home, we found the pup in a very stressed condition, shivering in front of my flat door. We took her in and started keeping her with us.

Since we are in a flat and my service requires visits in our units outside of West Bengal, I cannot travel outside Kolkata with my wife. We can't keep the dog alone inside our locked flat or in the open ground floor garage space. Because in both cases, the dog will die. Only to survive myself, I have to do service and cannot bypass my responsibilities. We don't ever want to see her distressed in future.

We are ready to hand over this dog to anyone who is prepared to keep her with love and care for her whole life.

Her name is Pinglu and she has been dewormed and has been given all her vaccines by a registered veterinarian.

As dog lovers, please help me put Pinglu into caring hands.

Contact:

Samir K Biswas
09432898737
siplkol@gmail.com
Kolkata

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Such a sad story, thank you so much for doing what you have thus far. You have a wonderful heart. Best of luck.

Rajashree Khalap said...

Thank goodness there are still a few kind-hearted people there. But I also feel there's a rise in hostility towards street dogs in some cities because of poorly implemented birth control programmes. People start taking the law into their own hands when they see an apathetic corporation and ineffective NGOs. That's not an excuse but an explanation.