About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Little dog on the shore









That's my pretty Kimaya wandering at the water's edge, and of course the Dog with the Doughnut Tail is Lalee.

I took these pictures a couple of days before the oil spill in Mumbai. The oil floated down the coast and in Nagaon people have been told not to catch or eat fish. Kimaya is not being taken to the beach at all for now, and we've warned the owners of our dog friend Brownie not to let him out either.

I wonder whether the oystercatchers, whimbrels, brahminy kites and magnificent white-bellied sea eagle are safe...they make the beach even more beautiful.

Nagaon

No comments: