About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Confused INpuppy!



Click here and here for earlier posts about Rupee.

Video: Rina Pita Peach
Vancouver,
Canada

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!

wandereress said...

Super Cute!! Thanks for making my day with this. :) Juhee

charu shah said...

The video is really cute, but when dogs do the same thing with other animals, it freaks me!
It is ironic that I saw this video the same night I had rescued a kitten from one of my building dogs. The dog, was doing the same thing to the kitten, who was not more than 5-6 weeks old. I was very angry at the dog (Julie, who is one of my building dogs) and smacked her a lot of times on face telling her a very stern NO, and she cowered. Then, I got the kitten home and saw this post.
The pup in the video is doing the same thing to this toy, what Julie was doing to the live kitten, so I did not know what to feel- happy or sad!

Rajashree Khalap said...

Many dog and cat games are "pretend hunting," like when you give a cat a toy mouse or a piece of string. I don't think we should be judgmental about other animals, or apply our human codes of morality to them. After all, we would fail miserably if some canine codes of morality were applied to us :-) It's very much part of dog and cat behaviour to hunt smaller animals, whether we like it or not. If we really love them I think we should accept them without judgment. Obviously we intervene when we see dogs attacking kittens, or when such situations are within our control. But my own cat Yash was killed by the neighbours' dogs, and though it was heartbreaking for me, it would not be fair to think of those dogs as "bad" in any way. Giving pet dogs such toys would in fact give them an outlet for these instincts.

Do you know MiniPini had a kitten when she was a year old, refused to feed it and ended up eating it? That freaked me out too. But she's still my sweet baby cat.