About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Portraits of Tansy



An update on Tansy, who shifted from sunny Goa to the UK nine years ago. Read her story here.

Owner Adele sent some recent pictures of her.

Tansy is an INDog-mix, and though her coat was always a bit longer and silkier than an INDog's, she was by no means the fur-ball that she is today. Have a look at her quarantine photos in the earlier post to see what she looked like at the time of adoption.

Her long coat is obviously a reaction to the colder climate she lives in now; but I know of another case of a mix-breed dog growing a long coat after adoption though he continued to live in Mumbai. I'm talking about my own dog Bandra. Read about him here. It seems a stressful life can also prevent a dog from growing its full coat.

Enjoy these Tansy moments, and thank you Adele and all other owners in this blog, for giving these dogs such a wonderful life!



Above: Tansy spots something...



Above: Tansy in a field of yellow



Above: Tansy and Adele



Above: With Adele in the sunset



Above: With her blue dog toy



Above: My pot of gold at the end of the rainbow



Above: I've won third prize!



Above: Aren't I beautiful?



Above: A little ballet

Photos: Adele Carroll,
Lymington, Hampshire

UK

No comments: