About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Monday, February 27, 2012

Dog suntan centre



Above: Serial sunbathers Penelope and Button. Last seen in this blog lolling about on a balcony in Vung Tau, Vietnam.

The globe-trotting Indy twins now live in Jakarta, another nice sunny place as you can see from the photo above.

In the centre is Shakespeare (Shakers) Patel, a recent convert to suntanning.

All three were rescued by Lisa from the streets of Ahmedabad; Penelope and Button as pups and Shakers as an adult a couple of years ago.

Earlier posts about Lisa's Indies: Gujarati desert dogs play in the South China Sea, Indies in watercolour.
Photo: Lisa Warden
Jakarta
Indonesia

3 comments:

georgia little pea said...

Serial sunbathers. lol. I suspect all dogs are. I used to think it was just cats!

Hope you're well. Happy leap year! 15 more minutes to go over here :) x

Sarah said...

Nice life they have, eh? :)

Rajashree Khalap said...

Yes look at them lazing while their mom slaves away trying to save dogs! :-)

Thanks Georgia & G's Human! We're all well, but Kibby takes up so much of my time I don't get online much nowadays! I've been advised to walk the dogs separately for a few months so the little boy doesn't learn BAD stuff from Kimaya. So now I'm walking dogs most of the day!