About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Saturday, May 12, 2012

'How to eat a coconut' by Raju D'Souza





























 



































More on Raju D'Souza and his family here!

Photos: Tina Carver D'Souza
Please do not use images or content from this blog without permission and acknowledgment

Aldona, Bardez
Goa

3 comments:

georgia little pea said...

When I was a teenager, we had a black lab call Pepper who was great at dehusking coconuts. (We had a few palms in our yard.) After Pepper dehusked, my nanny would open the coconut and pour the water into his drinking bowl. He loved the water! I don't remember him ever eating the flesh though like Raju (is that the dog's name?)! How funny is that picture with his leg lifted! And that last picture is adorable. A very satisfied dog :)

Rajashree Khalap said...

Yes his name's Raju. I don't think my dogs would eat coconut, but Raju's a Goa dog! In Goa they seem to put coconut in pretty much everything :-)

wandereress said...

What a skill Raju!
I love your last pic in particular..the contentment after a job well done. :)