About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Indie

Another happy Indy owner, and an Indy called Indie! Enjoy this nice rescue story and the lovely pictures from Michelle Boissoneault. 
























Indie is 2.5 years old and a red fawn colour (I call her my strawberry blondie). We live in Hyderabad.

She has light eyes, bright green when in the sunlight, so she can't be full pariah, but the rest of her looks just like an INDog should.

She is a little on the small side at 15 kg. I think she may have been taken from mama a month too soon. She was estimated to be about one month when I got her, after she had broken her leg in a scooter accident.

She knows every trick in the book and then some. She likes to show off all her tricks for the other residents in our apartment complex. I've even trained her not to bark (except occasionally), which is a feat for an INDog!

Living in a city isn't the best place for her, and I can't wait until we can get back home to the States so she can romp around at the dog parks and beaches and finally have some doggy friends. 


























Photos and text: Michelle Boissoneault
Hyderabad

Please do not use images/content from this site without permission and acknowledgment

1 comment:

Vinoshini S said...

oh my god..indie looks like my baby!!