About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Monday, April 21, 2014

Gucci and Teddy

These two cuties live with Stephanie Stevens Menezes in Nasik. Gucci is the glossy black lady, and Teddy the soft brown...teddy.

'I rescued Gucci from Kolkata when she was 10 days old,' says Stephanie. 'And Teddy was rescued twice: once from the road and next from neglectful owners in Bangalore. He finally became my son when my friend flew him to me in Kolkata when he was four months old.

'Now Gucci is five and a half years old, and Teddy is two.'


A goodnight hug for Teddy

Gucci, black beauty































































'These are my babies during an inspection of their mummy's vegetable garden. Thankfully I met their exacting standards!'

























Photos: Stephanie Stevens Menezes
Nasik
Maharashtra

Please do not use images or content from this site without permission and acknowledgment

1 comment:

amyz said...

I am so excited! After having our beautiful Olive for almost 15 years, I think I have discovered her origins just today!

The picture of Gucci is our Olive! I wish I could send you a photo. Everything is so similar, although Olive has additional white hair on her snout and eyebrows due to her age.

Perhaps she is a small amount of some other type of dog as her tail does not curl.

She is in failing health but so strong, we are taking good care of our beloved girl. To realize that we might be able to find another dog someday that is similar to her is wonderful!

Amy