About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lalee turns seven





Back to my Lalee, the inspiration for the Indian Pariah Dog Club.

Lalee turned seven on 15 March. I had written a whole lot of stuff about her for this post, but then I thought how embarrassed she would be if she could read all my sentimental mush. She just isn't that sort of dog. Bandra's the softie here. Lalee's tough. Lalee's independent. Lalee tosses her head and runs away if cuddled for too long. Though she's mushy enough in her own controlled way.

These photos were taken by Rohan Mukerjee in Lalee's favourite place, Nagaon beach. Please don't comment on that tummy, it is a sensitive topic (for me!) and we are working on it.

Rajashree Khalap
Mumbai

Photos by Rohan Mukerjee

Top: Lalee, Bandra, Lucy
Centre: Bandra, Lalee
Bottom: Lalee solo

2 comments:

doggylove said...

Hi! Wishing Lalee a very happy, healthy , long life!! she looks pregnant rajashree, do something! but i must say atleast she is 'female' my blacky was on verge of pregnant male!!i have reduced his meals and he has lost 2 kgs. good that u are back to mumbai.
chinky had developed some boil like things on her sideways, i suppose after rough plays in the terrace, some allergy maybe, i applied 'lippu' oil regularly and all the boils and their scars went away. wish to try it on tommy too.bye till then, manik.

Rajashree Khalap said...

We are doing extra walks...I've lost 2 kgs but Lalee looks much the same! Glad to hear about the lippu oil, I must try it when such a case comes up.