About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Friday, April 24, 2009

Portraits of my dogs!

Aren't my dogs looking absolutely gorgeous? These stunning portraits were taken by photographer Heather Fener when she visited India earlier this year. I think I can be excused for gushing a bit!



Above, below: Lalee, always alert, the perfect watchdog





Above, below: Kimaya with the airplane ears



Below: Bandra, puppy face



Photos: Heather Fener


9 comments:

June said...

Awww look at those little black nose stubs! Those are the cutest part of Indian dogs.
If someday I catch a infectious disease, blame it on Picolos nose which i kiss very often.

Rajashree Khalap said...

You wouldn't want to kiss Kimaya's nose...not after seeing the nasty stuff she eats on the beach :-)

Lubna said...

Oooh, I love them all. They are so lucky to have you, and you - them.

Lubna said...

Have never seen your cats - I know this is a doggie site, but they sure must be feeling left out.

Rajashree Khalap said...

I do manage to sneak in cats here and there...enter "MiniPini" in the search box on top left. You'll see two posts with my cat pictures in them.

Tom Peschak said...

Hi. My name is Tom Peschak

www.thomaspeschak.com

I photographed white sharks with Heather Fener in South Africa a few years back and have lost touch.

Do you perhaps have a e-mail address at which I can contact her.

Thanks.

Tom

Tom Peschak said...

Hi. My name is Tom Peschak

www.thomaspeschak.com

I photographed white sharks with Heather Fener in South Africa a few years back and have lost touch.

Do you perhaps have a e-mail address at which I can contact her.

Thanks.

Tom

Rajashree Khalap said...

Yes, I'll email it to you. Your shark images are gorgeous.

doggylove said...

Hi rajashree! wonderful photographer heather is!! the photos she clicked of my dogs, and u sent them to me, i am grateful to both of u! 'black and white' photos are real pleasure to eyes, and that too when our soulmates are posing in, its a treasure!!