About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pup for adoption, Pune





Sameer Prabhakar has rescued a really cute pup and wants to find a good home for him. I'm copying the appeal from his blog:

I was hanging out near my friend's shop yesterday night around 8 p.m. when I heard the next-door shopkeeper trying to shoo away a tiny puppy using his big leather slipper. I went and picked up the poor guy and scolded this shopkeeper. The pup was so terrified that he had peed.

Well I did not know what to do so I took him to my earlier maid's house, she has agreed to take care of him for a few days while I find somebody to adopt this poor baby. Unfortunately I can't keep him because I am working 6 days a week and already have a dog.

The pup seems to have been picked up by somebody and then abandoned, he has a little rag-tag collar around his neck. He seems to be around 15 days old and in good shape. It is black in colour with some brown patches on its paws. I am sure he will make a lovely pet.


Please pass the word around...let's help this guy find a nice loving family to live with.

Contact: +919623556161 / findsameer@gmail.com

Sameer Prabhakar,
Pune


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a cute puppy...Hope he will find a home soon.

Tweeting now...

Unknown said...

hi...i have 4 stray puppies,they are barely 2weeks old and their mom died in a car accident.I stay in viman nagar,and as of now am taking care of all of them.
Kindly get in touch if ur a dog lover,and want to adopt these babies.
Anu (9028284257)

{wil upload pics soon}