About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Canis familiaris Version 1.O

I've finally managed to complete the INDog site and it was uploaded today

http://www.indog.co.in

I've been working on it for nearly two years, compiling text and pictures from many kind contributors. I have almost as many people to thank as an actress at the Oscars! Starting with Anuj Kapadia for creating the site! I'm hugely grateful to Col. Gautam Das and Janice Koler-Matznick of PADS for answering my endless questions patiently and for giving me text and images for the site. A big thank you to Aditya Panda, Myrna Shiboleth, Johan Gallant, Dr Vladimir Beregovoy, Emmanuelle Occansey, Stephanie Little Wolf, Dr Michael Fox, Brad Purcell, Julie Fechner, Jacinta Johnson of SPCA Selangor, Julie Jacobs, Bulu Imam, Rachel Nagher, Rohan Mukerjee, Revati Bose and Kiran Khalap for contributing text and images.

And above all, thank you, readers of this blog, for being Pariah Dog fans. May our tribe increase!

4 comments:

georgia little pea said...

congratulations on your new site! it looks great!

:) xox

Rajashree Khalap said...

Thanks :-)

Sarah said...

Congrats Rajashree! Wonderful site to provide tons of information. Bookmarked!

Rajashree Khalap said...

Thanks Sarah! I'll be adding more images on the map soon.