About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Scooby needs a home - Delhi

This adorable INDog-mix needs a home soon. Appeal from Shonit Biswas below:





"I stay in Noida and have adopted two Indian dogs.

Since everyone is aware of the brutal winters of Delhi, one can imagine how harsh and painful it is for the
desi canines to stay out in such conditions. I happened to come across a cute, white, furry mongrel and picked it up from the ground where it was roaming alone. His mother was nowhere in sight and I could not stand his plight and decided to take him home to save him from the severe winter in January.

However, since he came home my other dogs have become very jealous and are sulking all the time, so much so that I can't let the pup roam alone in the house or else he will be bitten and killed by my other dogs. So given the circumstances I cannot keep the pup despite my wish.


I request all dog lovers to spread the word about Scooby. I'm sure there are kind-hearted dog lovers out there who will give him a new home. His details are:

Gender: Male
Age: 1.5 - 2 months
Colour - white"

Contact: 91 9811366101

Shonit Biswas
Noida/NCR

2 comments:

Dev Sharma said...

For any kind of details about dogs-www.dogstheultimatepassion.com

Maysun said...

Shonit -

Maybe this article will help -

Introducing a New Dog into a Home with Other Dogs

http://leerburg.com/introducingdogs.htm