About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pup for adoption, Mumbai

An appeal from Purti Simon:













This little munchkin needs a home. He is about a month old and is lots of fun to be with. Currently he is being fostered by me and my flatmates in Bandra.


He was found in a pile of sewage on a very rainy day in Bombay. We found him an owner, but he was returned within 24 hours hours, as the owner's 4 year old was scared of him.


Mischief is independent and can be a good building dog too. Just that he is so small and deprived of his mother's milk, so will need someone monitor his food. He eats thrice a day. Once he's a little bigger he'll manage but he needs someone to give him his daily nutrition as of now.


Please do spread the word.


We've named him Mischief and you'll see why :)


Contact for adoption:

9819956824

purtisimon@gmail.com


Mumbai



3 comments:

Anthony said...

Cutest puppy I've ever seen !
Would love to get him but I'm from Kerala and am searching for an INdog here.

Hope that he gets a loving home soon !!

Rajashree Khalap said...

I heard this pup has been adopted :-) Hope you get a lovely INDog soon. Do let us know.

Anthony said...

I haven't got one....yet ! Its easier to get a GSD or a Rottweiler than our very special dog. There is a lot of stray dogs here but all of 'em looks exactly like a Lab...mutts I guess which I don't want. I have cousin who is 'dog person', yet to contact him coz he's a big fan of Daschund. There is definite possibility of him forcing me to adopt a daschund instead, lol !

Would let you know if I get one for sure, thanks for the reply !!ts easier to get a GSD or a Rottweiler than our very special dog. There is a lot of stray dogs here but all of 'em looks exactly like a Lab...mutts I guess which I don't want. I have cousin who is 'dog person', yet to contact him coz he's a big fan of Daschund. There is definite possibility of him forcing me to adopt a daschund instead, lol !

Would let you know if I get one for sure, thanks for the reply !!