About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Friday, April 13, 2012

Beautiful INDog-mix puppy for urgent adoption, Indore









This is one of the prettiest puppies I've ever seen. He was rescued two days ago by Tapas in his housing society in Indore. Some big dogs were trying to kill him.

Tapas can't keep him because he has a job with very long working hours, and his sister who lives with him is a student. Please help find this pup a home by sharing this appeal.


Contact
Tapas Upadhyay
08982146414 (mobile)
tapas.u99@gmail.com

Indore

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The vehemence in the comments is shocking!

http://chandni.wordpress.com/2012/04/12/politically-incorrect/

Rajashree Khalap said...

True, but one has to remember that the Indian urban middle class is mostly uncomfortable around animals. This is the society we have to live in and it's in the best interests of animals if dog lovers try to keep ownerless dogs as inconspicuous as possible. I don't normally discuss 'street dog issues' and you may not like what I have to say. In my area (A Ward Mumbai) dog feeders have worked correctly, teaming up with NGOs to do 100% birth control coverage. They also feed in specific sites and do not encourage dogs to come into buildings or private premises. One of my neighbours feeds dogs only in the afternoon at a time when the streets are less crowded. They have the dogs vaccinated regularly. The number of dogs in our housing society has come down from seven to two over the last decade, with several dogs dying of old age-related causes. Of course there are people who don't like dogs in our society, but they have simply nothing to complain about. In our area you'll also see many adopted INDogs and mix-breeds being walked on leashes, and there have been no puppies born for at least 10 years now. I clean up my pet dogs' poop. If I see someone in the elevator who is petrified of dogs, I don't insist on taking my dogs in; I just wait for the next elevator. I believe considerate behaviour has got me and my dogs a certain amount of goodwill. We don't live in an island of dog lovers. It's better for the dogs in the long run if dog lovers adjust their own habits a little. It's entirely possible to love dogs without causing conflict and keeping these poor animals in the eye of the storm all the time.

Rajashree Khalap said...

That said - yes, unfortunately we have to co-exist with specimens that I wouldn't hesitate to call human garbage...they can hardly tolerate other people let alone other life forms. Absolute charmers :-):-) They just need an opportunity to spew bile and dogs are an easy target. Dog lovers shouldn't provide such opportunities.

Tapas Upadhyay said...

Hello Mrs Khalap Willey(puppy)is still with me. she is so happy now and behaves like the princess in my home. my sisters loves here and so do she. she is very intelligent and naughty.she got here 1st vaccine. i have quit that job with long hours (of course I am searching a new one ) and spend my whole day with my little willey. please pray for her and me that i can keep her with me forever. I want a happy andsatisfactory life for her. And about all those human garbages who were calling willey a "JINGLY DOG" now adores her beauty :)
yaa there are some who says that....if you really want to pet a dog why dont you go for any good breed? and my answer for them is "I AM HAVING THE BEST" :)

Rajashree Khalap said...

Wow I'm so happy to hear that :-) :-) Your love for the pup was obvious.