About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Monday, April 30, 2012

Shadow






















This lovely little girl was in my Facebook inbox today, along with a message from owner C. m. McCormick:

'Thought you'd love to know that I successfully brought Shadow, my INDog puppy I rescued from Chennai streets, home with me to America. She loves it here because everyone thinks she is so cute and nobody discriminates against her. 

'This picture was from her last week in India, taken for her customs papers.'

Flashback to an earlier picture, so sad but with a happy ending!  






















'This is the day I finally said "OK you can come home" after she'd been begging me to take her home for two weeks. She's named Shadow because of the way she followed right at my feet with all her strength and tiny legs.
'I often say she picked me.'

Photo: C. m. McCormick
Chennai and USA