About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Benji joins the Club





















Benji was left in Ganganagar by the NGO which neutered him and he wandered into my lane. The poor kid was getting battered by the people in my lane as he wanted to get away from the other strays in our area.


My brother and I could not bear this for long and two weeks after his first appearance we adopted him. I was at first really nervous about this decision but now I feel really lucky to have him. He is so loving and protective, especially about Elsa my beautiful Tibetan Terrier. He is simply devoted to my brother and Elsa and just loves me and my Dad. He has appointed himself his bodyguard and every few hours he will go and see how my Dad is. I am really thankful to have him and really can’t imagine my life without him.


Ashvina Bativala
Bangalore


(Benji is ten months old. His owner Ashvina was a volunteer at WSD even before I joined, way back in 1993! Ashvina boards dogs at her home and Benji is only too happy to have new dogs to play with).

No comments: