About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

India in NYC


























I'm a five year old Indian Pariah Dog living in New York City. My mama named me after the country of my birth. She found me in Gokarna, Karnataka as a two week old puppy. I was covered with bugs and she tried to pick as many off of me as she could but then took me to a State veterinarian who gave me an injection to kill all the parasites.

Unfortunately, the vet made a
mistake and gave me a full dog's dose when I was only a small puppy. I became very sick and almost died...my Mama took me to a private veterinarian who treated me for the overdose. She prayed very hard that I
would live...and when I did, we knew we were meant to be together always!

I've spent most of my life in New York City...here people like my exotic look and ask what breed of dog I am. I was kicked out of my first day care for being to feisty but my mama was able to get me into another one where they encourage the rambunctious play that I like. I do many activities such as kayaking, going to the park where I play with children and other dogs, and celebrating the American holiday called Halloween....my Mama likes for us to get dressed up together and enter contests...frankly I hate it, but I do it to make her happy...and we win every year so that means treats for me!

Caroline Walker
NYC, USA

3 comments:

Amit said...

Very Vital nad useful info for those who do not know the difference between the Pariah and Mongrel...
Good work

silentdreams said...

hi...i have a beautiful indian pariah dog....whom ilove more than my life...could u please guide me that how were you able to import your indian pariah to new york...coz i need to do the same...and im really worried...

Rajashree Khalap said...

silentdreams - this company specializes in pet relocations from India http://furryflyers.com/pet_export_worldwide.html