About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Goldi and Lessi



I found Goldi in a very interesting way. It was her mother who gave her to me.

Three years ago on a sunny winter afternoon, Goldi's mom, who was a dog of our locality, gave birth to three pups. After a few days some bad boys of our locality was trying to hurt her and her puppies. She was really afraid and running around with Goldi in her mouth. Suddenly she came to my house (she used to come to our house every day because my mom used to give her food), dropped Golu in front of our door and ran away. This is how Goldi (Golu) became a member of our household, the most loving member.

My second dog is Lessi (female) who is two and a half months old. Last month I went to my friend's house in Salt Lake. There I found three unusual pups on the street with very long fur. One of them unfortunately died in a road accident, the second puppy had a large infection on her back and the third one is Lessi. I was going every day to give that infected dog medicine. Somehow or other, I don't really know how, Lessi became an integral part of life and I took her home.



Dwiti Basu
Kolkata

No comments: