About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

INDog mix pups for adoption, Delhi




Good news! Malleka Gupta found homes for many of her beautiful puppies. Four are still left. Do spread the word around and help her get them adopted. Contact Malleka on guptamalleka@gmail.com or 91 11 26940653.

2 comments:

JOCELYN said...

These dogs remind me of the ones I saw roaming the streets of Penang and Ipoh. The thing that surprised me is that these dogs seemed so docile and well fed. Of course there were the odd exceptions. I felt a pang in my heart when I saw a tiny puppy trotting confidently though a busy park. If I could have, I would have adopted him then and there.

Rajashree Khalap said...

Hi Jocelyn,

Free-roaming dogs in south-east Asian cities are almost always dependent on humans for food (either they are directly fed or they are scavengers). Since their survival depends on acceptance by humans, they are normally docile and friendly.

Good news about the pups in these photos - Malleka just told me they have all been adopted!

Rajashree