About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Friday, November 14, 2008

Baloo



















23rd June 2008, 05:30 hours. A two month old male pariah puppy suffered a road accident, fracturing his femur and pelvic girdle. Screaming and moaning, he slid his impaired body on to the pavement, attended by none but the helpless mother. The locals disturbed by his deafening squeals dumped him in a vat, leaving to die by himself. The vat happened to be on the side of the house of Pradipta Kumar Pal.

I am a student, 19, in my first year in college. I could well interpret the call of God. Excavating the puny body from the garbage, flies feeding on the leaking blood from his broken skin, I followed His orders.

He gave me a brand new life. Turning a deaf ear to the objections from my family, earning little from the tuitions I give, spending sleepless nights nursing the lonely little darling, he introduced me to the duties of a father.


Baloo, now seven months old, is a hyperactive dog, the apple of my eye, the apple of discord to my family, recovered by His will, as if there were no injuries.

Pradipta Kumar Pal
Kolkata

2 comments:

Npoyyayil said...

People like you make this world a better place. If someone deserves to be proud of, it's defenitely YOU. People like you are the real big heros! I wish you and your friend Baloo all the best for the future. Take care

doggylove said...

i can understand how difficult it is to pursue ur inner soul's command, as the world outside is ignorant of such things like compassion!god bless u and baloo!