About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Indian toon dog!



Did you know that the ubiquitous Indian street dog is represented even in the cartoon world? Thousands of Indians already know Rocket, the faithful companion of the much-loved comic strip character Chacha Chaudhary. Here's one of the book covers.

Mridu Minocha (Sonu's owner) drew my attention to Rocket and she tells me that his look has changed - earlier he had shorter fur and a pointed tail.

I think we can safely describe him as an INDog-mix!

1 comment:

Lubna said...

My Poochie was named after Detective Moochwalla's doggie in Target magazine. Wonder if this children's magazine still exists.