About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Three pups for adoption, Mumbai







These lovely pups live in my building compound. They are three months old now and I have had them vaccinated. I have been taking care of them since they came into my building after their mother's death. Intially they were four of them, but one was run over in our parking lot. Sadly, I am unable to adopt them myself though I wish I could. But I really want them to get homes with loving families. I have taken on the responsibility of taking care of them. But our building (in Santa Cruz West) is not very dog-friendly. The residents want these dogs out. They are very friendly pups so they go running to everyone, which I want to stop because there are people who are scared of them, especially a few children and even some old women.

Anyone interested in adopting them should call me on +91 992 027 1922 or email me at aarti_pamnani@hotmail.com

Aarti Pamnani Desai
Mumbai

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This eerily reads EXACTLY like the story of Picolo. His mum was poisoned. And one sibling run over by a car. What more even my apartment block is in juhu/ santacruz west. I actually double checked the picture to make sure we are not talking about the same puppies!

I plan to get Picolos siblings sterilized as soon as its appropriate.Rajashree here is trying to help as well, but i guess there are far too many strays and too few of those who want to adopt them.

Rajashree Khalap said...

There seem to be lots of unspayed dogs still in Juhu/Santa Cruz. We haven't had pups being born on my street (Colaba) since '94! I hope you have both contacted local NGOs to neuter the dogs in your area. You could call WSD on 022 64222838 if you like, they'll be able to guide you.