About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Rancho















This beautiful INDog-mix belongs to Kumar Rao and his wife. He's just over ten months old now.

Kumar tells us how he adopted him:

"My wife and I went for the movie '3 Idiots' and the very next day we found him yelping in our compound. He was stuck in some boulders and was calling for help. We picked him up and fed him some milk. He was quite happy to be in our company. He was so cute, there was no way we could leave him there and we decided to keep him.

He was so smart that he did not ever mess our house, he used to go out to relieve himself. Every behavior of his made us realize he was such an intelligent pup...so we decided to name him after Rancho, the smart guy from '3 Idiots.' Since then he has been with me for 10 months, and is now a part of my family. He is so intelligent that he leaves us dumbstruck at times. I have had Alsatians previously and none of them have been as smart as him.

Rancho is a very lively, high energy dog. He understands Kannada so well!"

Text, photos: Kumar Rao
Bangalore


No comments: