About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Puppy in Ipoh









This cute little pup was clicked by dog lover Lam Chun See while on a visit to relatives in the small town Ipoh in Malaysia:

"One day, my son and I were exploring a remote area in the outskirts of Ipoh when this cute little fella came up to us; probably looking for food. Unfortunately we didn’t have any with us. I sure am glad that I took these photos of him. He looked sad to see us go."

I came across Chun See's blog Good Morning Yesterday while searching for references to Kampong Dogs. It's so interesting to see indigenous dogs of other countries, specially when they are of the pariah type like ours. Click on these links to read Chun See's blogs about dogs of Singapore and Kampong dogs.

Thanks Chun See!

Photos: Lam Chun See
Ipoh, Malaysia

1 comment:

charu shah said...

looks so much like any of our indian pups!