About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Coffee

This is a very special and deeply moving story sent to me by Gunjan Pai. 

My greatest respect for the man who saved this puppy's life, and for his brave lovely family.

Thank you for sharing this with us, Gunjan 💜



























'We literally picked up Coffee, our 17-day Indie, while returning from a morning walk in Kolkata,' writes Gunjan.

'While the docs gave up, my husband chose not to.

'We nursed her for weeks until she was totally maggot-free and healthy. By then, we fell in love with her and welcomed her to our home in Mumbai.

'Why I choose to share this story now is because I lost my husband last month a little after Coffee turned one. While he passed on, he has left behind a life he loved and saved - one that spreads joy into our lives, unconditionally.

'That's our story and we just want to make the world a little happier through it :) '






























Text and photos: Gunjan Pai
Mumbai

Please do not use images or content from this site without permission and/or acknowledgment

No comments: