About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
I'm a landrace dog fancier. Founder of the INDog Project (www.indog.co.in) and the INDog Club. Before that, I worked with urban free-ranging dogs of Mumbai from 1993-2007. Also a spider enthusiast and amateur arachnologist.

This blog is for primitive dog enthusiasts. It is part of the INDog Project www.indog.co.in. Only INDogs (India's primitive indigenous village dogs) and INDog-mixes (Indies) are featured here. The two are NOT the same, do please read the text on the right to understand the difference. Our aim: to create awareness about the primitive landrace village dog of the Indian subcontinent. I sometimes feature other landrace breeds too. Also see padsociety.org

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Putu

We have quite the INDog blitz this month. What a treat!

Next up is pretty Putu, who lives in Shantiniketan, West Bengal. She was an orphaned pup, but like all our blog puppies she is now a pampered member of a human family. She also has a best friend, who happens to be feline!































These photos were sent to me by her human Prithwi Hazra. You can see many more on Facebook where she has her own very popular page @putu.the indi pup 

Incidentally I'm very happy to see hundreds of people using the term 'indi/indie' nowadays! It's a term first used by me, in this blog, as a derivative of 'INDog.' I think I first used it in a post about my dear friend Leela, in 2008. 

































Photos: Prithwi Hazra
Shantiniketan
West Bengal
@putu.the indi pup 

Please do not use images or content from this site without permission and/or acknowledgment

1 comment:

ruby4shoes said...

That very last picture of the two of you is SO very SWEET. The expression on your faces is precious. I can feel the love coming thru the internet. You are both very lucky to have each other. I admire your relationship.